So, we’re back in lockdown again and all of us are hoping that will change on 2nd December. But even if it does things still won’t be ‘normal’. Although we’re still out keeping your bins clean and sticking to the rules of social distancing, while sanitizing your bin handles and taking payments online, lots of other businesses (mainly the ones we enjoy) have sadly had to close.
Like lots of people, we like to meet up with friends on a Friday or Saturday night, go for a meal, or to the pictures, or both. Especially when we’ve had a busy week cleaning bins. Yes, we may be able to do some of those things after 2nd, but maybe not, and maybe not all of them.
Sometimes it’s hard to keep cheerful although we know we’re amongst the lucky ones, in good health and still able to carry on working in Harlow, Bishop’s Stortford, Sawbridgeworth and the many other places that we cover. So, over the weeks of this lockdown and the last one we’ve been trying to keep active and cheerful by doing things we enjoy that don’t involve breaking the rules.
We’re always on the lookout for new things that we can do amongst ourselves or interacting with friends and family.
Here’s a list of some of the things we have tried and enjoyed, or plan to try. Hopefully, there’s something for everyone here. Why not give some of them a go if you haven’t already?
- Take part in a virtual pub quiz.
- Try a virtual Friday night at the opera.
- Watch Netflix with friends virtually.
- Learn a new language.
- Take a virtual stroll around a museum.
- Join an online curry club and make your own curries.
- Check out TripAdvisor for places to go when this is all over.
- Read all the books you’ve never got around to.
- Investigate your ancestry and build a family tree.
- Sort out all your old photos (come on, we know you have loads)
- Learn to make your favourite cocktails.
- Virtual wine tasting with friends.
- Learn a new skill, whatever takes your fancy.
- If you have a garden, get it ready for spring.
- Organise your cupboards, not so much fun, but you’ll be so pleased you did it!
This weekend, we’ll mainly be cooking a curry, and sitting down for a virtual wine tasting with friends and family, oh yes, and maybe watching a bit of Netflix in between. Poppadom anyone?